Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Leaving Salamanca

I have long said that the life gives what you need. Actually... I haven't long said that at all - it just feels like it.

It has been about four months I've said this, and since I arrived to Europe I've become convinced of it. If I were to go through my journal for you I could find you hundreds of examples when things just “worked out.” Worked out, just as I needed them to work out, without any real concerted effort on my part - at all.

Life gives what you need. Some people might attribute it to something divine. I don't even know what I think about that. Normally I tell people "I'm not at all religious" if they're brave enough to ask. I'm 21 years old and the subject of God evades me.

At any rate, I do think, that if you simply breathe, and just look at things through the right lens, everything just works out. I'm not sure how I can believe that given what I just said in the previous paragraph, but I do. It has been proven to me, time and time again.

What I needed today was a cafe with a good study atmosphere. Instead, I got a bus. I'm coming back from a most wonderful weekend in Salamanca. I have a 7 hour trip home, a bus, and a lot of homework to do. On this bus however, I am seated next to the window. The window has a grand, albeit rolling, view of a beautiful autumn day outside. I have a one-euro pastry, my laptop, two old women discussing family life, and the conductor has chosen (a most rare choice) of classical music for the trip and, I already drank my cafe this morning.

When life can turn a bus into the most beautiful and quaint cafe, I'll believe it gives whatever we truly need.

Smile, try to enjoy what is handed to you, it's probably exactly what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment